|Address:||850 N 1663 Rd|
|Fencing:||Wrought iron gated entry|
|Garage:||2 car attached garage|
|Additional Buildings:||30X40 shop (3) Overhead Doors|
|Pool:||Pool and Hot Tub|
This custom home was completed in the summer of 2010 on a very private and peaceful 5 acre lot. Literally just across the highway from Lawrence. The perfect location for anyone wanting a secluded country setting with the convenience of being in town. The best of both worlds!
The owners sparred no expense demanding top quality finishes throughout. As indicated by the feature list below, not only was no expense sparred on the things you can see, but also the mechanical and structural parts of the home. From the insulation, plumbing and HVAC, to the windows, doors and home automation, it just doesn’t get any better.
A quality special home in a wonderful setting and location.
* 5745 finished square feet, plus unfinished attic and basement storage.
* 2 car attached garage (side load)
* 30 x 40 shop connected with an 8′ breezeway – insulated, heated and air-conditioned with 3 overhead doors and 14′ ceilings
* Main floor master
* Large walk-in closet in Master Bathroom
* 3 bedrooms upstairs – 2 “normal” size, 1 of them quite large
* 2 more large bedrooms on lower level (currently utilized as an office and a workout room)
* Full bath on lower level. Master bath and powder room on main level. 2 full baths on upper level.
* 3 living areas – formal living and great room on main floor, family room/rec room on lower level
* Formal dining room and breakfast room
* Large laundry room with sink, built-in desk, counter for ironing/folding and upright freezer space.
-Interior Design Components-
* High end stainless steel appliances
* Granite countertops throughout
* Beautiful custom cherry cabinetry and built-ins (kitchen, formal dining and great room)
* Custom oak cabinets in bathrooms stained to match the cherry cabinets in the rest of the house
* Walnut wood floors on main level
* All bathroom floors are tiled as well as all entrances
* Main entrance is marble tile
* Master bath and lower level bath have heated tile
* Extensive crown molding on main level
* Back-lit coffered ceiling in Master Bedroom
* Coffered ceiling in formal dining room
* Master bath has an Air Jet tub – no water lines to get moldy buildup.
* LED under cabinet / over counter lighting
-Exterior / Construction-
* 2×6 exterior walls
* CLOSED CELL foam insulation. House is extremely “tight” and energy efficient
* High end, energy efficient casement windows
* Virtually maintenance free exterior due to steel siding and composite trim – no painting required
* 9′ basement walls – basement feels like a “lower level” and not a “basement”
* Thermal membrane placed over the concrete (under the carpet) – so no cold floors in lower level
* Deck is composite material that never needs painting
* Gated driveway access with smart phone remote control
* Above ground pool can stay with house or owner will remove – buyer’s choice.
* Pool area can easily be converted to additional outdoor patio space. (Fire pit maybe?)
* Largest size “Hot Springs” hot tub. Room for 8
-Mechanical / Electrical-
* Ground source heat pump (highly efficient) used for both heating and cooling
* 2″ water line (awesome pressure)
* “Zeta-Rod” on incoming water line keeps scale from building up on lines, faucets, etc
* A.O. Smith “Vertex” high efficiency (condensing) water heater with very fast recovery rate.
* Maintain hot water for multiple showers
* “D-mand” hot water cycling system, puts hot water to the bathroom when someone enters by motion detection. This means hot water is ready and you don’t have to wait long when you turn the hot water faucet on.
* High efficient direct vent gas fireplace in great room and master bedroom. Also a gas stove in lower level.
* 200 amp electrical service in house. Separate 200 amp service in shop. All on one meter.
* Central vacuum – The vacuum hose retracts into the wall so you don’t have to lug the hose around. There is also a foot operated inlet in the kitchen to simply sweep debris into.
Electronics / Home Automation
* Security system with smart phone access
* House is wired with thousands of feet of multiple cat 6 ethernet to every room
* Phone and cable runs to each room as well – all distributed from one central point
* Control4 system distributes audio and video to any room from main sources in a rack in the lower level
* Watch or listen to any source in any room – even simultaneously. Complete audio / video distribution
* Because all the components are in the rack in the lower level, there is no cumbersome components or wiring at each media location which makes for a very “clean” installation.
* Control lights, garage doors, gate or any other connected device right from your smart phone
* Also control everything with hand-held remote controls (one for just about every room in the house)
* There is also an in-wall panel for control as well
* Through the app, you can pre-program the system to automatically control just about anything
* Literally, the system is only limited by your imagination as to what you want it to do to fit your patterns of living
* Go to www.control4.com for more details